When planning your catering, the following will help you, providing information on everything that you will need to consider and action. Your Leisure Benefits Manager can also assist you.
- We recommend using our travel and event provider CLARITY as they can book catering for you as part of the booking, also we have approved suppliers can that book venues with catering included.
- Waitrose Entertaining range is available at cost for internal branch parties, a fantastic selection of finger food and alternatives. Visit the website www.waitrose.com or ask at their information desk for more information. If you choose to use Waitrose Entertaining, it is important that know when they would need to receive the order by so that everything can be in place in time for the party.
- In-house catering - you can approach the catering manager within your branch to see whether they would be willing and able to provide the food for your party. This is a good way to control costs, however some branches are limited in terms of what they can provide, therefore it would be valuable to have a discussion before you make any arrangements.
- Ask attendees if they have any special dietary requirements and where possible, try to meet their requirements. You must make sure there is enough vegetarian food, especially if you are planning a buffet where Partners do not have to choose their meals, as a rough guide, order half vegetarian and half non-vegetarian. With the increase of nut allergies it is recommended that you stay clear of menu choices which include nuts, if you are in any doubt that a certain dish may contain some traces of nut, you must clearly label the dish, so that those Partners with nut allergies are aware.
- People tend to be happy if they are well fed and watered, so you must make sure that there will be enough food and drink for everyone, as this is one of the things that they will be sure to remember - good or bad.
- Remember to check the deadline for ordering catering and be aware of their cancellation policy if you are adjusting numbers.
- If using an approved supplier check whether they have the relevant food and hygiene certificates and complete the Risk Assessment form (CLARITY will provide the Risk Assessment if you book with them).
Use of Outside Caterers:
- No caterers or retailers can use the company facilities and / or supply food to partners or guests without authorisation from the Department of the head of Food Service.
- Outside caterers / retailers may not be used unless they satisfy our full audit criteria. Checks will be made to determine whether the supplier meets the relevant standards of the British retail Consortium ( BRC) or similar. If not the supplier will be audited at their cost to ensure that they are safe to supply. You must not allow the contractor to supply foods before the authorisation process is complete and you have been notified by Head Office.
- You must arrange any outside catering through the catering manager in your branch so that due diligence is complied with.