- Will a Partnership driver be required?
- To qualify as an authorised Partnership minibus driver for the purpose of carrying passengers, Partners must be in possession of a letter of authority from their branch. The same applies for cars.
- AIl Note: Driver management issue for CT
- The Partnership’s motor insurance arrangements extend to include the use of our vehicles for Partnership supported leisure activities.
- The discretionary benefit the Partnership provides for death and permanent total disability to Partners arising from “Accidents on Partnership business” (See the Partnership Handbook) does not extend to leisure events.
- Hire and Reward - It is important that we do not use our own vehicles, or those hired from outside sources, for any activities that could be interpreted as 'hire or reward'. The definition of ‘hire or reward’ is when there is 'payment in cash or in kind (or on behalf of) passengers which gives them the right to be carried'.
Social Mileage Rates - The Partnership's social mileage rate is calculated to include an amount towards the costs of insuring a vehicle to include journeys for which the driver is claiming costs from his employer. When Partners undertake a journey for which they intend to claim social mileage, it is essential that they first check with their own insurance company to ensure that their vehicle insurance will cover a journey for which they will be claiming costs. The majority of insurance companies will allow such journeys to fall within the terms of the insurance. Go to Social Mileage Rates for further information.