- The amount which may be spent on branch children’s parties should be limited - there is no restriction placed on the cost of the 'venue' (be it tickets for an outing to the cinema, pantomime, or a party held in the branch) but any extra costs - such as refreshments, a goody-bag, presents, hire of a clown or entertainer, hire of a coach - should not be a significant use of branch funds, per child attending (unless your democratic body decides otherwise).
- Partners’ children may be invited, along with Partners’ grandchildren if your branch wishes. It is not expected that other relations would be invited unless your democratic body decides otherwise.
- It is not expected that a branch would host more than one free children’s party or outing a year.
- Due to current legislation, it is strongly recommended that all children' events are held outside the branch. This is to ensure that correct police checks are carried out and sufficient insurance is in place. If branches do decide to hold children’s events in branch then anyone coming into contact with the children must provide a Criminal Record Background (CRB) check and parents must attend with their children.
- Please read Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups on the Partner intranet